FLORIDA HEALTH INSURANCE
March 05, 2008
Here's Free Health Insurance Advice
Health Insurance Consultant
-- Morgan Moran
-- (800) 554-9142
From A Qualified Health Insurance Consultant!
Florida's Best Health Insurance
Details of Florida KidCare (SCHIP)
There are many states that offer health insurance plans to uninsured children. With that being said, there are not too many plans better than Florida KidCare. If you live in this state and don't have insurance for your children, you need to look into this type of plan. Many people think that they will never qualify for Florida KidCare, but until you look into it you will never know for sure.
Of course, there are many details of Florida KidCare that determine which children qualify. The two most important qualifications are being under the age of 19, and of course, not having health insurance coverage.
To go along with the details above, the state has also put income eligibility requirements in place. In other words, if you make too much money your children will not qualify for Florida KidCare. Instead, you will have to purchase insurance for them on your own.
State laws also require information on the parent's health insurance plan, if available. This will show whether or not the child has access to other options. To go along with this, pre-existing health conditions must also be disclosed. With that being said, a pre-existing condition does not necessarily mean that a child will not qualify.
The cost of Florida KidCare depends on the size of the family, as well as income statistics. The majority of families pay a premium of $20 per month. As you can imagine, this is much less than you would be charged by a traditional health insurance company.
As you can see, the Florida KidCare program has a lot to offer. Parents who live in Florida and have children who meet the requirements should look into what this program can do for them.
10 Ways to Save on Health Insurance
As you are probably aware, there are many problems surrounding the health insurance industry. Although each and every one of the presidential candidates is promising to make big changes, you never know what is going to happen as the months go by.
In the time being, it is important for you to be aware of how you can save on health insurance.
- Consider switching the company that you buy from. If your current health insurance provider is over the top with prices, you are not obligated to stick with them. You are free to buy from any health insurance company you want.
- In correspondence with number one, shop for lower rates. Like anything you can buy, the cost of health insurance coverage varies based on the company you are buying from.
- Did you know that your deductible can have an enormous effect on how much you pay? As a general rule of thumb, a low deductible policy will cost more than one with a higher deductible.
- If you want a lower price, opt for less coverage.
- Does your employer give you the chance to receive coverage through them? If not 100 percent, will they pay for any of it? If you don't know the answer, you better ask.
- If your employer does not offer health insurance benefits, maybe you can get put on your spouse's policy. This is a simple solution to a sometimes difficult problem.
- The most well known health insurance companies charge the highest rates. This is usually because they work with the largest network of providers. To keep costs down, buy from a lesser known insurer.
- You do not need a lot of extras to go along with your health insurance policy. Many insurers will try to sell you on things such as dental coverage, etc.
- Prescription drug coverage can cost a lot. Although a nice benefit of a health insurance policy, it is not a necessity.
- Make sure that you know how much you are paying for health insurance. Rate increases can pop up at any time, and you want to be well aware of this happens.
Best Florida health insurance (STATE of FLORIDA) Health insurance quotes and agents...individual [affordable health insurance]