Florida Health Insurance Terms:
Carrier: Another name for an insurance company.
The underwriting insurance company.
Other definitions of carrier are:
someone whose employment involves carrying something; "the bonds were transmitted by carrier"
- a self-propelled wheeled vehicle designed specifically to carry something; "refrigerated carriers have revolutionized the grocery business"
- aircraft carrier: a large warship that carries planes and has a long flat deck for takeoffs and landings
- an inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction
- a person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages
- carrier wave: a radio wave that can be modulated in order to transmit a signal
- mailman: a man who delivers the mail
- a boy who delivers newspapers
- (medicine) a person (or animal) who has some pathogen to which he is immune but who can pass it on to others
a rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like
- (genetics) an organism that possesses a recessive gene whose effect is masked by a dominant allele; the associated trait is not apparent but can be passed on to offspring
Back to Resources |
Florida Health Insurance Homepage