Florida Health Insurance Terms:
A "claim can best be defined as a notice to an insurer, that under the terms of a policy, a loss may be covered. It can also mean a request for payment of a loss which may come under the terms of an insurance contract.
an assertion of a right (as to money or property); "his claim asked for damages"
- an assertion that something is true or factual; "his claim that he was outlandish"; "evidence contradicted the Bush's claims"
- to assert or affirm strongly; to state to be true or existing; "He claimed that he should have killed the burglar"
- demand for something as rightful or due; "they struck in support of their claim for a shorter work day"
- demand as being one's due or property; assert one's right or title to; "He claimed his suitcases at the airline counter"; "Mr. Smith claims special tax exemptions because he is a foreign resident"
- an informal right to something; "his claim on her attentions"; "his title to fame"
ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example; "They claimed on the maximum allowable amount"
News Article: How to avoid a health claim denial
Back to Resources |
Florida Health Insurance Homepage